LOOK WHAT THE ARTS CAN DO WHEN WE LET THEM!
The Arts are not a cause they are an industry, a tool for society; our Culture is the reflection and legacy of our humanity. Our diverse population relies on the economic mobility, social cohesion, and opportunity that the independent arts and culture sector provides; the most impactful force multiplier we have in Nevada’s economy.
According to the US Bureau of Economic Activity, arts and culture sectors contributed more than $1trillion to the GDP in 2021, as the arts and creative sector grew quicker than the wider economy.
● In 2022, nonprofit arts and culture generated $151.7 billion in economic activity
● Total spend by arts and culture organizations: $73.3 billion
● Event related spending by arts and culture audiences: $78.4 billion
● Jobs supported: 2.6 million jobs
● Personal income to residents: $101 billion
● Government tax revenue: $29.1 billion
View the latest DATA on the economic impact of nonprofit Arts & Culture organizations and audiences; the AFTA ARTS ECONOMIC PROSPERITY STUDY (AEP6).