Volunteer Connect and Board Connect offer statewide support for NV nonprofits.
A game-changing tool for the Creative Economy and nonprofit advancement is here -- and it is FREE to all Nevadans!
Local arts do not grow on trees, especially in the Mojave desert. Our Creative Economy is powered by paid professionals, passionate volunteers, and community partnerships. While producers and presenters maintain a brave face as they celebrate reopening, the truth is our Creative Industries are on shaky ground. Arts and Culture are created by people for people, and now they are doing what they can to keep creating after a lot of exhaustion and loss from the pandemic. The arts and culture ecosystem needs everyone's help to #CreateOurRecovery, and thanks to Nevada Volunteers and AmeriCorps, it has never been easier for you to get involved through their Volunteer Connect and Board Connect online portals.
In addition to this new tool, Nevada Volunteers offers grants to nonprofits to establish and strengthen volunteer programs. Check them out here.
You can match your interests to a great volunteer opportunity
Your personal interests are your best guide to finding the volunteer opportunity that is right for you. Use NV Volunteer Connect to see what’s out there. Or try answering these questions:
1. How much time can you spare?
Project-based volunteering (short-term, intensive focused project)
Continual volunteering (on-going, regular commitment)
Event or episodic volunteering (one-day or occasional support)
Full year AmeriCorps service
2. What would be fun for you? Do you care about a particular issue or a problem in our community? Do you have a particular interest or hobby? Is there something you would like to learn?
3. Who could use your expertise or skills? What interest or skills could you like to share with others?
Check out skills-based volunteering
Consider virtual volunteering
4. Do you want to learn something new?
Our Skills Matrix provides ideas for types of skills you can learn from volunteering
5. Who needs your help?
See a list of organizations in your area
You can list your nonprofit and volunteer opportunities to a statewide database
1. Complete Your Nonprofit's Profile - Highlight your organization’s mission, vision and goals.
2. Post A Position - Use templates or create your own position description.
3. View Interested Candidates
Review candidates with the best fits or search other candidates.
Set notification preferences for emails to help you stay up to date with candidate suggestions.
4. Nonprofit Dashboard - Use your organization’s customized dashboard to see all candidate types and your communication with them. 5. Fill Your Position - The technology reveals potential candidates and you determine fit and next steps.
You can find and/or become a Board Member for nonprofits across the state
1. Complete Your Board Connect Profile - Highlight your experience, skills, cause interests and board desires.
2. Explore Custom Matches - Review a list of all open opportunities.
3. Search Open Opportunities - Search for nonprofits or specific opportunities by name or filter by causes, skills, location and more.