It is a start of a new journey when the Southern Nevada Chamber Orchestra showcases a new ensemble performing at Southern Nevada Music on July 13 and July 14.
They have prepared an exciting program of new chamber music performed by outstanding local musicians. Its focus is chamber music, incorporating both standard and contemporary works and providing a platform for the local composers in the area to display their work.
· Bohuslav Martinu, “La Revue De Cuisine” for sextet
· George Crumb, “Dream Sequence” for Violin, Cello, Piano, Percussion, and off-stage Glass Harmonica.
· Carlos Surinach, “Tientos” for English Horn, Timpani, and Harp
· Peter Ware, “Libera me Domine” for two Saxophones and three Percussionists
· Maurice Ravel, “Introduction et Allegro” for Flute, Clarinet, Harp, and String Quartet.
· Tim Warren (Conductor)
· Yvonne Cox (Harp)
· Alexandr Dzyubinsky (Violin)
· Jillian Johnson (Violin)
· Omar Shelly (Viola)
· Svetlana Garitselova (Cello)
· John McMurtery (Flute)
· Richard Kravchak (English Horn)
· Ivan Ivanov (Clarinet)
· Shawna Pennock (Saxophone)
· John Seaton (Saxophone)
· Russell Woo (Piano)
· Ryan Bond (Percussion)
· Johnny Huynh (Percussion)
· Andrew Naughton (Percussion)
Southern Nevada Chamber Orchestra strives to bring high-quality performances of new and traditional chamber works to the diverse audience of Southern Nevada. Its mission is to bring multi-sensory experiences to the Southern Nevada Region with a focus on chamber music, incorporating both standard chamber repertoire and contemporary works, as well as providing a platform for the local composers of the area to display their work. They strive to become a premier chamber orchestra in the area, promoting accessibility and an adventure of the musical arts to audiences.
Southern Nevada Chamber Orchestra thanks its sponsors, including Southern Nevada Music (Denise and Lisa Wunderlich), Family Music Centers (Jim Mason), Dan O’Neil, Wanda Lafollette, and Tom and Tracy Leslie.
Southern Nevada Chamber Orchestra will perform its program at Southern Nevada Music 350 N. Stephanie St. in Henderson on July 13 and 14. Showtime is 7 p.m. on both days. Visit snvco.org for more info, and click here to purchase tickets.